REYNELLA FC: TRAINERS
Reynella Football Club is seeking more trainers to take care of all our teams in 2019 and beyond. All teams need a minimum 1 trainer for teams to be able to take to the field.
The 2019 season will be the last one for our senior trainer Lynne who looks forward to spending more time with her grandchildren after 20 years of looking after Wineflies.
Ideally Reynella would like to train up more trainers during 2019 to prepare them for season 2020 and learn as much as we can from Lynne and Ross before they leave us for Retirement.
Minimum Requirements: Current First Aid & CPR Certificate, DCSI Screen
Club will arrange DCSI screen and will reimburse First aid for those committed to taking on the role of trainer for at least one of our teams.
Further Training Available: workshops, courses
Why Become A Trainer:
Being a trainer keeps you involved with the team and keeping close to the action. Feel the ups and downs of a season with a team/s. Being a trainer makes you part of the team family and has all the rewards of being part of our family.
- Seniors: A, B, C, Women
- Juniors: U17.5, U15, U13
- Girls: U16, U14
- Minis: U12, U10, U8
Enquiries: Sarah or Dave, email@example.com
Reynella Football Club Recommends ALL Players Have Ambulance Cover.
Player Welfare Investment:
- Foam Roller – stretch out muscles at home
- Massage – help relief tight muscles
- Physio or Chiro as Required
- Nav – Xtend Physiotherapy, Aberfoyle Park, Club Sponsor
- Concussion Policy 19
- Pocket SCAT
- Concussion Drs
- Helmets: will not protect from concussion only from structural damage eg fracture
Managing Sports Injuries:
All Players and Parents Should Be Familiar with the RICER & NO HARM Principle to be followed as soon as any player sustains an Injury.
RICER: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, Referral (if required)
- Ice for MAXIMUM 20min at a time every 2 hours for the first 72 hours.
- If there is No Improvement in the first 72 hours, get a medical assessment.
NO HARM: heat, alcohol, running, massage
- the above will increase blood flow to the injured site, and slow down recovery
- we need to get the heat out of the injured site
- use the back of your hand to feel the injured site for heat, continue icing until it feels normal
Sports Tape & Medical Supplies:
IDM Sports: 8371 5794 Unit 1/54 Maple Avenue, Forrestville http://shop.idmsports.com.au
Club Sponsors: please mention Reynella FC referral
Xtend Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic – 5 The Mall, Aberfoyle Park http://www.xtendphysiotherapy.com.au
My FootDr Christies Beach: 141 beach Rd, Christies Beach, 8384 7626 https://www.myfootdr.com.au/our-centres/christies-beach-podiatry-centre/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4-KXqe302AIVygQqCh1t-wgtEAAYASAAEgKgIvD_BwE
PUMPT Gym: Old Reynella: http://www.pumptgym.com.au
SMA Sports Injury Fact Sheets: http://sma.org.au/resources-advice/injury-fact-sheets/
Warm Up: WARMUP_2
Reynella Medical Manual: Medical Manual